I have to say, I totally forgot about the Confederations Cup...I mean, it just never seemed as important as qualifying or the cup itself. Or perhaps it just seemed that way because the US was never in it. And because we never care about anything that we don't win.
But I have to admit, I have quickly become a fan of Confederations Cup football, it's the world cup on a smaller stage, it gives a little taste of the World Cup, but doesn't exactly have the propensity for drunken Brits falling out of the upper deck--not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but still.
1) South Africa might be the first host nation that doesn't deserve an automatic berth--seriously, that many opportunities and you couldn't score?
2) New Zealand lost--raise your hand if you are surprised---didn't think so.
3) Brazil and Egypt are on right now...and in 14 minutes there have been three goals...what was that people were saying about how dull football was?
4) The trumpets in the stands sound like soggy bees...not exactly a selling point.
5) I have a meeting during the US' match later...fingers crossed, come on boys, lets piss of the Italians again--its' a lot of fun.