Monday, January 22, 2007

DAAAAAAAAA BEARS!!!! ahh who cares?

So as I was working on an 8-10 dramaturgical textual analysis of True West by Sam Shepard. The dorms were filled with calls like DA BEARS, REX YOU FUCK NUT!!! and of course DITKA I WANT YOUR MAN-BABIES. I realized something playoff football is really the only time to watch. Really playoff time for any professional sport these days is the only time to watch. It's that time when ignorant buisness men and women suddenly realize "oh shit we have a good team" and they proceed to get decked out it their teams colors for a couple of weeks then through those souveniers in the closet till the next time thier team reappears in the playoffs. It also seems unfair to those loyal fans through thick and thin who have to watch thier team from the bar because they can't get seats because of those wealthy buisnessmen and women. So I ask you why can't we televise sporting events where every single game is sold out like...dare I say it...Soccer. I know I know it may seem radical but I think if we can start to look at the sports that aren't getting all the publicity that the major leaugue ones are maybe lacrosse, soccer, and of course college sports I think the more people can appreciate team spirit because those are the games that are the most exciting to watch. Then I realized it was 2:40 in the morning and I only had 4 pages done, so who cares?

How's that for my first post there smellypants

No comments: